As of the 13th, I’ve been on the earth for 5 months. We’re celebrating by my parents going out for drinks without me. Here are a few facts about life for me these days:
- I am not underweight. In fact, I weigh 18.8 lbs.
- I have been called “a big boy” and “butterball” by passersby on the street and at the store. My mom says I’m sturdy.
- Everyone around here still calls me Pookie. *eyeroll*
- My feet now are even cooler than a month ago. The nubs on the ends of them move independently. Mind. Blown.
- I found my tongue. It’s badass. I show it off frequently.
- I reach for and pet animals now. Sometimes they don’t run away.
- I had breakfast with Santa last weekend. I also met Frosty and the Grinch. Frosty wasn’t nearly as frightening in person as he appeared on the website.
- A horse tried to eat me. Wtf?!
- I decided I’d prefer to sleep only in 1 hr increments now, rather than all night. I think I’ll stick with it, because mom seems to like this sleep pattern, too.
- I loooove naps. Unless I hate them.
- I don’t mind baths as much these days. Until mom tries to clean my neck rolls. Then I freak out.
- Sneezes are hilaaaaarious! As is the skinnamarink song from the Elephant Show. If you haven’t witnessed either, you’re really missing out.
- In contradiction to everything my mom has taught as a dietitian, she finally broke down and offered me solids yesterday before the recommended 6-month mark. It only took a few weeks of screaming and lip-smacking at her while she ate to talk her into it. I anxiously grabbed the spoon and scarfed down a couple bites of food like a pro. Then I realized it was oatmeal. Guh – ross. Bring on the sweet potatoes, mama.
- My mom told me we’d take a “few” pictures this afternoon to document my 5 month birthday. She took 81. #obsessed #stalker